THE SEARCH BEGINS FOR ESPN’S
2022 ROOFCLAIM.COM BOCA RATON BOWL
NATIONAL ANTHEM PERFORMER
ESPN’s RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl has brought back their National Anthem Contest for the fourth quest to find top talent to perform the National Anthem at the 2022 bowl game. Vocalists and instrumentalists, amateurs and professionals, individuals and groups from teens through seniors (must be 18 years or older) are welcome! After a few online elimination rounds, the Top 5 finalists will perform live September 28 at the Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center where the audience and judges will select the winner. All proceeds from the finale in September will go to the bowl’s official charity partner – Spirit of Giving Network. Tickets to the live event will be available online soon.
This is your chance – The contest is open and taking submissions now until August 28!
ROUND 1 – APPLY – NOW CLOSED
July – August 28 | 11:59 PM – Audition
*Entries: Submit audition tapes using YouTube featuring the National Anthem song only before August 28 at 11:59 PM. Acapella, instrumental, solo or groups are permitted. Audition tapes featuring songs other than the National Anthem will automatically be disqualified. Background music will be permitted as long as contestant’s voice can clearly be distinguished. No other voices besides those auditioning should be featured in demo, and no one other than the person auditioning should appear in the demo.
August 31 | 11:59 PM – National Anthem Committee votes privately & Top 10 Semi-Finalists are announced
ROUND 2: TOP 10 SEMI-FINALISTS – NOW CLOSED
September 1 – 14 | 11:59 PM – Public Voting
September 15 | 11:59 PM – Top 5 Finalists are announced
ROUND 3 – TOP 5 FINALISTS PERFORM LIVE
September 28 – Top 5 Finalists perform live at Boca Raton Marriott at Boca Center
Top 5: Perform verse of their choice (2 minutes max). Audience & Judges combined votes determine Top 3.
Top 3: Performs National Anthem. Judges vote and announce winner.
WINNER: Performs the National Anthem live at FAU Stadium in December at ESPN’s RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl and receives 10 game tickets for family and friends with sideline access during opening ceremonies.
AUDITION: Submit a video of your National Anthem performance by 11:59 PM on June 28 online at RoofClaimBocaRatonBowl.com. Audition tapes featuring songs other than the National Anthem will automatically be disqualified. As mentioned – acapella, instrumental, solo or group auditions are permitted. Background music will be permitted as long as contestant’s voice can clearly be distinguished. No other voices besides those auditioning should be featured in demo, and no one other than the person auditioning should appear in the demo.
SEMI-FINALISTS & FINALISTS: Contestants will be contacted via email by bowl staff using the contact information provided below as announcements are made throughout the contest (i.e. Top 10 & Top 5 announcements).
- Must be 18 years or older to audition and located in Florida. Proof of identification will be required prior to live finale event. Minors must get permission from parent’s to participate. This contest is void in all other states and territories.
- Should be a minimum of 30 seconds, but no more than two (2) minutes in length.
- The winner of the national anthem contest must be available September 28, 2022 to perform live at the finale and December 20, 2022 to perform live at the bowl game. The winner will also have to be available the days leading up to the bowl game for a rehearsal.
- For the complete guidelines and requirements please view the rules here.
PRIZE: The winner will get the opportunity to perform the National Anthem at the 2022 RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl during opening ceremonies at FAU Stadium prior to the game being televised nationally. The winner will also receive 10 game tickets for family and friends with sideline access during the performance.
*Travel and accommodations will not be provided with the prize tickets and that the winner and their guests must comply with all event health and safety protocols.
VOTING: One vote per a person/day will be permitted online during the online public voting round. During the live finale in September, one vote per a person will be permitted. If there is a tie, the bowl has a designated member of their National Anthem Contest to judge throughout the event, who will also be in charge of making the final decision when a tiebreaker occurs.
- Top 10: A panel of judges will review the Submissions and judge each Submission as follows: Proper National Anthem lyrics and reverence (50%) and Performance Quality (50%). From among all eligible Submissions received, the top ten (10) Submissions receiving the highest scores from the Judges will move on to the First Voting Period (the “Top Ten”). Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than ten (10) Submissions if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Semi-Finalists will be notified via email on or about August 31, 2022. In the event of a tie, the Submission receiving the higher Performance Quality score will move on to the Top Ten.
- Top 5: On September 1, 2022, the Top Ten Submissions selected by the Judges will be posted on the RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl website, www.RoofClaimBocaRatonBowl.com for online voting. During the First Voting Period users may cast their vote on the website. One vote per person per day. Voting will end on September 14, 2022 at 11:59 P.M. ET. The five (5) Submissions receiving the highest number of cumulative votes at the conclusion of the First Voting Period (the “Semi-Finalists”) will move on to the Second Voting Period. The Semi-Finalists will be announced on or around September 15, 2022.
- Finale Judging: The Semi-Finalists will be asked to perform a song verse of their choice (no longer than two minutes) live at the Finalist Event. Semi-Finalists will be responsible for any transportation, accommodations, travel expenses and any other incidental costs or expenses related to participation in the Finalist Event. Following the Finalists’ performances, all Finalist Event attendees and judges will have the opportunity to cast one (1) vote. The top three (3) Semi-Finalists who receives the highest number of votes from event attendees and judges will be the “Finalists”. The Finalists will then perform the National Anthem live for evaluation by the Judges. The Judges will review the performances of each Finalist and judge each one as follows: Proper National Anthem lyrics and reverence (50%) and Performance Quality (50%). From among the Finalists, the performance receiving the highest score will be the “Winner,” or in the case of a duet/group, “Winners.” In the event of a tie, a pre-determined member of the Contest planning committee will cast the deciding vote.