The Third Annual Built Ford Tough Chefs’ Tailgate Party at the Palm Beach Outlets was a night to remember. Guests enjoyed a wide variety of food samples from 11 local restaurants including: Bolay, Ceasar’s Famous Ribs and BBQ, PGA National Resort and Spa, Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, Applebee’s Grill and Bar, Lynora’s, Tucker Duke’s, Twin Peaks Restaurants, Lime Fresh Mexican Grill, Five Guys, and Bloomer’s Frosé. Citrus Distillers, Protect the Revenue, Coca Cola, and Gold Coast Distributing provided beverages for the night.
Emcees Josh Cohen of ESPN 106.3 and social media influencer Jonathan Duerr kept the crowd going along with DJ Stryker. The chefs participated in a friendly competition on tailgate classics ranging from sides and entrees to beverages and desserts. On top of all the amazing food, the event featured raffles for prizes from event sponsors and a silent auction for signed sports memorabilia provided by Palm Beach Autographs.
Judges overall choice for the night went to Ceasar’s Famous Ribs and BBQ for their Jerk Ribs and Pulled Pork. Best Presentation was awarded to Palm Beach Gardens Marriott with their Carne Asada Torta. Bolay took home Most Spirited restaurant of the evening as well as the Crowd Pleaser award. Attendees also got the chance to cast their own votes for the “People’s Choice” designation which went to PGA National Resort and Spa for their Braised Short Rib Mac & Cheese.
Here is a full list of the event’s award recipients:
• Judges Overall Choice – Ceasar’s Famous Ribs & BBQ
• People’s Choice – PGA National Resort & Spa
• Most Spirited – Bolay
• Best Presentation – Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
• Best Handheld- Applebee’s Grill & Bar
• Best Late Night Craving- Lynora’s WPB
• Most Creative Dish- Tucker Duke’s
• Top Patty Pick – Twin Peaks Restaurants
• Favorite Comfort Food- PGA National Resort & Spa
• Best Icy Innovation- Bloomer’s Frosé
• Best Beef Dish- Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
• Best Traditional Tailgate Fare- Five Guys
• Worth the Extra Napkins- Ceasar’s Famous Ribs & BBQ
• Crowd Pleaser- Bolay
• Fried Favorite- LIME Fresh Mexican Grill
All event proceeds benefited Spirit of Giving’s Annual Holiday Gift Drive which works to give children in the community a happier holiday season.